No video available?
You can change that.
Just activate the corresponding cookies in the Cookie settings. Done.
Ever since the day it was founded, Schneider has been known for its success and innovation in the writing instrument industry. The company can now look back on more than 80 years of history.
It is in September 1938 that Christian Schneider and Erwin Blum set up the company ‘Blum & Schneider OHG – Factory for Screws and Turned Parts’ in Tennenbronn in the Black Forest. It is also the year in which the ballpoint pen was invented in the USA.
After news of the ballpoint spreads, the company decides to develop its own refill. The quality of the ‘good Schneider refill’ is central to the breakthrough of the ballpoint pen, and by 1954, it has made Schneider a leading manufacturer of ballpoint refills.
The introduction of plastic technology alongside traditional metal processing in 1957 enables Schneider to begin producing complete writing instruments. Ballpoint pens and desk ballpoint sets are now part of the Schneider range.
Following the death in 1978 of the company’s original founder, Christian Schneider, his son Roland takes over as its sole manager. His aim is to turn the Schneider company into a technology leader for the writing instrument industry.
In June 1991, the takeover agreement for the Heiko fountain pen factory is signed. Only one year later, Schneider has commenced production of ink pens and fountain pens in its newly built production facility, under its own brand name.
Since its market launch, the "K 15" has displaced its competitors at the top of the German sales charts. It is still the most widely used pen of its kind in Germany today and is exported to over 130 countries.
Schneider is one of the first companies to comply with the EMAS environmental management system recently initiated by the EU. Ever since, it has consistently upheld its ambitious environmental goals and undergone regular renewal, as confirmed in expert opinions.
Schneider revolutionises the ballpoint market with the introduction of the first ‘Slider’ pen, featuring an extremely soft writing sensation based on the unique ‘Viscoglide’ technology that the company developed in-house.
Christian Schneider takes over the management of the family-run company together with Frank Groß. The same year, a further milestone in the company’s history is achieved with the creation of a new corporate design.
Together with the Institute for Bioplastics and Biocomposites (IfBB), Schneider has been developing new types of plastic that can be made from renewable raw materials. As of 2016, three writing instruments are being produced from this material for retail sale.
The MOLOTOW™ brand is a pioneer in the Street Art scene and well-known for its outstanding special products. On 21 April of this year, Schneider Schreibgeräte GmbH and Feuerstein GmbH from Lahr sign contracts initiating a long-term cooperation.
In addition to creating around 600 new jobs and implementing numerous technological revolutions, the use of sustainable production and environmentally friendly production methods is probably one of the most outstanding pillars of the company’s 80-year history
With the Makers Line, Schneider positions itself as a brand in the do-it-yourself market and provides all creative "makers" with durable, high-quality products tailored to their needs. The long-standing competence partner Molotow™ is on hand to provide support.
The original logo in the unmistakeable handwriting style quickly becomes synonymous with high-quality writing instruments.
In the 1990s, the first new logo adorns the company’s pens and the various company facilities.
In 2010, not just the logo but the entire corporate design is modernised. The prize-winning design is in place to this day.
Who could provide a better insight into the company's more than 80 years of history than our employees? Some are already retired and share valuable memories from the old days in an interview.
* Currently our videos are exclusively in German and without subtitles.